Liberty Utilities NB presents “Soupfest: A Food Competition with Impact.” After a successful inaugural event in 2019, the now annual soup competition will be at The Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market in Downtown Fredericton on Wednesday February 26, and will see restaurants from all around the city competing for the coveted “Best Soup in Central NB” trophy. Smack dab in the middle winter, attendees will get to warm up and with many different great soups and vote on their favourites. The restaurants will be pulling out all of the stops and stepping up to the plate (bowl?) to deliver their best soups, so you really don’t want to miss this. Along with the public voting, there will also be a special Critics Choice Award and a couple of other fun categories too. Everyone’s a winner. All proceeds go directly into the United Way Community Fund, which focuses on our impact areas of Strong and Healthy Communities, Poverty, Helping Kids, and more. Big thanks and HIGH5s for all participating restaurants, as this event could not happen without their generous s(o)upport.
***Some participating restaurants include: Returning champ’ “Chef Rick Catering & Specialty Foods”, King West Brewing & RustiCo., Chess Piece Pâtisserie & Cafe, Isaac’s Way Restaurant, The Abbey Café & Gallery, Fredericton Community Kitchens, The Snooty Fox, Gahan House Riverside, Dolan’s Pub, and more!
• Coatcheck will be available by donation
• 50/50 tickets will be sold for $2 each, or 3 for $5
• An ATM is available onsite
• A water station will be available and while cups will be provided, we encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle!
• Spoons will be at every station, but we ask that you reuse your spoon or bring your own! Help us make this a green event.