Student United Way
IMPROVE LIVES AND BUILD COMMUNITY. ENGAGE INDIVIDUALS AND MOBILIZE COLLECTIVE ACTION. INSPIRE PEOPLE TO COME TOGETHER TO MAKE LASTING CHANGE IN OUR COMMUNITY.
Student United Way (SUW) is a student-led United Way on college and university campuses; bridging the gap between campus and community and empowering young people to improve their local communities by giving, acting and volunteering in the areas of poverty to possibility, healthy people, strong communities and all that kids can be.
With the involvement of more than 60 campuses across the United States, United Way Central NB is the first in Canada and second internationally to develop and implement a campus based SUW.
Members of the SUW will…
- Make a difference in their community by giving, acting & volunteering
- Develop leadership skills through experiential learning, meaningful experiences & connecting with community and business leaders
- Join other young people and community members to collaborate with local United Way advisors & gain access to opportunities nationally and internationally
Benefits to the Student
- Connect with community and business leaders
- Have fun & have the chance to meet other students nationally and globally
- Through experiential learning students will develop skills & gain experiences that will benefit them in their personal, volunteer, academic & work lives
- Be a part of Canada’s first ever Student United Way and join the global United Way movement
Benefits to Campus
- Providing quality experiences & learning opportunities
- Bridging the gap between campus & community by building lasting relationships & sustainable partnerships
- Creating greater connections to non-profits, the business community, government, public and private sectors
- Increase the opportunity to highlight key successes & student activity locally, nationally & globally
To learn more about becoming a member or if you are an organization seeking highly skills and enthusiastic volunteers, please contact Roxana Atkinson, Director of Community Development at (506) 459-7773 / email@example.com