At United Way, we help people. Working with partner agencies, volunteers, donors, and government, we strive to improve lives and build community in Central New Brunswick.
Your local United Way is focused on creating high performing, research-based, dynamic and sustainable community investment partnerships that drive positive change in our community. All investments are made locally, within Central New Brunswick.
Funding Guidelines & Criteria
Our investment decisions are made within the framework of the following criteria:
- Alignment with United Way focus areas
- Addresses policy, systems or institutional change
- Addresses community need
- Applies evidence-based effectiveness
- Addresses underlying causes of social issues
- Has community support
- Demonstrates impact
- Exhibits excellence in performance and leadership
- Exhibits strong governance
The following types of organizations will be deemed eligible for funding:
- A registered Canadian charity.
- A registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association.
- A municipality in the Central New Brunswick region.
- Her Majesty in right of Canada and the Province of New Brunswick and agents thereof (Federal and Provincial Government and Agencies) eg. Schools
The following types of organizations and activities will be deemed ineligible for funding :
- Non-registered charitable institutions unless supported by a qualified organization
- Organizations that are profit orientated.
- Activities that are political or religious in nature (this does not preclude religious organizations from applying if they are delivering a service to the community that is not religious or faith-based).
- Organizations not operating within the Central NB region
- Individuals, unless the request is deemed unique and unusual and then only through an organization as described on the previous page.
- Annual Fund Drives.
- Deficit Financing.
United Way’s 2017 Community Investment Process
United Way’s Community Investments have been allocated for 2017. For a complete list of programs, services, and strategies funded, please click here.
United Way Agency Login
If you are a United Way partner agency who has received funding for 2017/2018 and would like to login to view your application or complete reporting requirements, please click here.
United Way’s 2018 Community Investment Process
United Way Community Investment Process is now closed. For questions regarding 2019 Funding please contact Katie Beers, Director of Community Impact at email@example.com
To view this year’s application guidelines, please click here.